Friday, 11 October 2013

Lots of love

I've had some really fun past few weeks!

Meg and Csaba's wedding in Budapest was beautiful and it was great to see the city. I've never been there before. It reminded me a bit of a combination between Prague and a German city. The wedding was really lovely and interesting too - being spoken in English and Hungarian. But the best part was seeing Catie and Mike again!

I had some time to walk around the city with Michael while Catie, Meg and the girls got ready for the wedding. There's a fantastic view from the castle district on the other side of the river. Mike and I also had some food at the market which was quite interesting, plus some yummy chimney cake!

When we got back to London, I went back to work while Catie and Mike visited some of their favourite places. But I went up every night after work and saw them which was nice. On Monday we saw 'The Phantom of the Opera' - I loved the organ and the sets and singing! On Tuesday we had a lovely fancy dinner at the Babylon garden rooftop in High St. Kensington. Very expensive but very tasty and lovely atmosphere. On Wednesday we saw 'The 39 Steps'. It was so funny and the actors were very creative with their props!

Then on Thursday I took the day off and met Catie and Mike back up in London where we then went to the Harry Potter Studios! It was fun to be there again with Catie and Mike. After that I took them both back on the train down to my place and showed them around. It was weird to have them there with me, on the other side of skype. I drove us all through the countryside to Maggie and Martin's where we had a nice home-cooked dinner. After that it was time to go and say goodbye to Catie and Mike as they left to fly home the next day. Even though it was a bit sad to leave them, it wasn't so bad as I'll be heading home soon for Gemma's wedding!


Budapest
Catie in front of the Basilica





Mike eating some questionable trotter
The beautiful procession out of the cathedral
Congratulations!

Lovely ladies

The view from the reception of the Palace
Castle near Heroes Square in Budapest
Hogwarts Potions!

So good to be together


I had a fairly quiet weekend last week and on Sunday I drove up to Box Hill, which isn't far away. It's up in the Surrey hills and has a wonderful view. Thankfully it was a pretty nice day and I was able to sit in the sun and eat an ice-cream while looking out over the fields. If you are a Jane Austen fan you may remember that Emma goes on a picnic to Box Hill and makes a silly mistake. It was badly done, badly done indeed! :) 

Box Hill....



Box Hill
One week to go until I leave to go home! And just in time, as it's getting colder now...
Love Kim xo

No comments:

Post a Comment