Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Fun weekends (lots of photos!)

I've now been at work for a few weeks and I am already very busy! I've been enjoying it, however I will enjoy it even more when I feel like I know what I am doing! There's a lot of different processes to understand which is taking a bit of time but everyone is friendly and really helpful which makes it easier.

On another note I have had some fantastic weekends over the last two weeks! I caught up with my friend Talita while she was in London, which was great. We went to the Borough markets and ate lots of yummy food - a bratwurst for me, veggie burger for Talita and a big meringue and caramel eclair to share! We walked all over London and also visited the Hunterian Museum which is part of the Royal College of Surgeons.












I also went to Bath on Saturday for the Jane Austen festival! It was special this year because it is the 200th year since 'Pride and Prejudice' was published. The main attraction that day was the Grand Promenade - hundreds of people dressed in period costume and walked together as a huge procession from the Royal Crescent down to the gardens near the abbey. It was really fun to watch and suited the surroundings perfectly. Bath is such a beautiful town and I love going there. They also had a 'fayre' with things to buy and do in the guildhall. I got my silhouette cut there which was cool. I think it looks pretty close to me, particularly my chin and hair!




















Lastly, on Sunday I was able to see family friends Don and Sue Biffin when we visited Kew Gardens. It was good to see them again too! The weather wasn't the nicest, but the gardens were lovely. We got a ride on a little covered train/bus thing around the gardens as it was way too large to walk around in one afternoon.








Kew Palace - where George III lived during his periods of 'illness/madness'
Hope you all are well.
Love Kim xo


No comments:

Post a Comment