Sunday, 23 June 2013

Birthday and Wimbledon photos

It's been nice to be back in England and be able recover from my crazy non-stop European trip. It's also been great to hang out with Doug, who got back from his UK tour on Tuesday. We went to a few places together, including the British Museum and also the movies.

On Thursday it was my birthday! Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. I had a great long chat to my wonderful twin at home and Mum and Dad and Mike. We talked before, during and after their dinner and then I joined in on blowing out Catie's candles on her cake! I really wished I could be there with Catie or she and the family with me - but it was really nice to spend the day with Doug. We went in to Covent Garden and had a yummy Mars bar milkshake and cupcake, looked through some shops and then walked north to near Tottenham Court Rd, where there was an exhibition I wanted to see. It was the Graphic Art of the Harry Potter films! So we saw that, which was really cool. I loved being able to read the actual fine print of the pieces that you can see, like The Daily Prophet front pages and advertisements and books covers.

After that we walked through Regent's Park and sat down for a bit and watched some kids practising cricket. We walked past the zoo and also past lovely flowers. Doug and I had a nice dinner and dessert at a cafe there (thanks Doug!) and then headed off to the Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park, where we saw an adaptation of 'Pride and Prejudice'! It was in honour of its 200th year since being published. It was really fun and just as you would expect, with wonderful actors and costumes and a great set with a revolving stage. The best thing about it was that instead of a backdrop, it had lots of trees from the park surrounding and framing the stage. They'd also perfectly chosen the position as the sun set just behind the trees, creating an amazing colourful sky to look at. When it got dark just before intermission they also lit up the stage wonderfully. Doug and I really enjoyed it! So it was fantastic that for my birthday I was able to do something relating to two of my favourite things! Just like my birthday here two years ago, when I visited Lacock.

So Doug has gone on his European tour now and I'm back in Wimbledon applying for jobs. I did go to the Wimbledon Village Fair again which was on yesterday. It was really nice and very English. I bought some scarves and some delicious churros.



Wimbledon common


Where I'm staying in Wimbledon - just below the car on the lowest level in a unit there owned by our friends the Booths. 

Doug at the British Museum

On our birthday

Covent Garden

A card of some of the art we saw


A small part of Regent's Park

Spot the giraffes!


Dessert!



The stage before the show

Outside the theatre

The Fair was at the village common, which you saw in the first photo above! 




Churros...

Is that a pony or a dog?... 


Love to you all. xo

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful Kimmy! Wish I could have been with you on our b'day- the play looked amazing! Those churros look yummy too! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete