The great thing about staying in Wimbledon is that the tennis is so close! Amy (a Kiwi who I met on the tour) and I decided to go on Wednesday afternoon/evening and as we'd heard that it's easier to get in after 5pm, we joined 'The Queue' then. We were given a ticket to show our position in The Queue (number 11800) and a rule book on The Queue. We sat down for about an hour and a half, although some marshals were saying that it wasn't looking good for us getting in. We had a nice chat to the people either side of us in the line. Thankfully we finally started moving and began the trek beside the golf course and then through security, getting in to the centre at about 7pm! We saw the end of the Federer game while sitting on the hill eating pizza and strawberries and cream. It was really nice and fun in there and was worth the wait!
I also saw Esther on Thursday which was lovely and we had lunch in a restaurant just below her work at Ernst & Young. It has an amazing position right opposite the Tower and Tower Bridge and close to London Bridge tube. So that was great and I'm looking forward to catching up with her again!
I'm now staying at the Booths again in Sevenoaks for the weekend, which has been nice. Maggie and Martin have been so great to me and thought that I might like to visit again so that I'm not too lonely by myself in Wimbledon. Yesterday we went to a party for their friends' anniversary and birthdays and it was in an amazing place a short drive from them near Penshurst. It was a big clubhouse/hall made of enormous tree trunks and reminded me of something you might see in Australia.
Today at the vicarage there's going to be a picnic lunch in the front lawn for families from the church. It's sunny today so that should be nice!
| Sitting down in 'The Queue' |
| We're moving! |
| Nearly there! I can see the centre court... |
| Finally in the centre |
| Henman Hill/Murray Mound |
| Watching Federer play in the centre court |
| Yummy strawberries |
| Centre court |
| The news cameras and stations |
| An outside court. Everyone had finished playing when we finally got in. |
| Inside centre court after the match finished. |
| Amy |
| The results |
| Outside of Esther's work |
| Esther and me at lunch |
| The clubhouse/hall thing |
| Maggie |
| Lots of sun for the picnic today |
Love to you all. xo
This is wonderful Kimmy! The tennis looked like fun and seeing Esther would have been nice. I especially loved the photo of you on the roof of the log house thing. It's very pretty lighting and you look beautiful! Thanks for adding these photos- I love seeing them! Miss you. love lots! xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteHey Kimmy.
ReplyDeleteFantastic you got into Wimbledon and to see Federer.....mmmmm strawberries and Pimms!
I used to frequent that Dim Sum restaurant where you ate with Ester as my office was just on the other side of Tower Bridge. There is another beautiful hidden area called St Katherine's dock that you should explore when you next meet up with Ester. A few nice restaurants in there too.
And your Europe trip looks fantastic - am so envious.
Good luck and well done for landing an interview. As you said, all great experience to start getting a feel for the types of questions.
Lots of love
Trine xoxo
Thanks Catie and Trine! Yeah I shall have to have a look at the St Katherine's area and go there with Esther. That must have been fun working there Trine! Hope you're all well in Aus. I saw some photos of you and the kids on holiday! It looked like it was lots of fun and the kids are so cute of course. Love lots, Kimmy xo
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete