Thursday, 4 July 2013

Big news!

Well, I won't be needing to practise my answers for any more interviews... because I went to the interview on Wednesday, then a few hours later in the afternoon, they called and offered me the job!

Yay!

:)

So I have accepted the offer and now turned down attending the next two interviews for the other two jobs I've applied for. They were very similar positions but just in different areas.

The position is as an Educational Psychologist for one year with Surrey County Council, based in Redhill and travelling around the Redhill and Reigate area visiting schools. The interviewers were two higher up Ed Psychs and team leaders who were really friendly and accepting.  The position is part of a big team of 10 Ed Psychs in that area. It's quite a different system to the Australian one, but they are prepared to give me a more detailed induction process, maybe starting in August (as opposed to September) to help me out. So I'm quite excited about that, especially as it's been a lot easier than I expected it would be!

Anyway, no photos to show in this post, which seems strange, but I'll add some more of my week later.
Love Kim xo

3 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY!!! So so so proud of you!!! Knew you'd get something easy peasy :) So happy you are finding your feet so quickly over there xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news!!! You are amazing- getting the first job you applied for without an agency! Such a star! hehe. Love you so much. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ayesha and Catie! Yeah I'm quite excited. :)

    ReplyDelete