Well it's been a while since I updated my blog, sorry! But there's lots of photos and things to report. I've had some more fun weekends!
On Saturday two weeks ago I went to the BBC Proms 'Doctor Who' night at the Royal Albert Hall! I didn't pre-book a ticket as I only realised it was on that day, so I lined up around lunch time (as I knew there would be a line), made friends with the people on either side of me in the queue and then eventually, at 7pm, they let us into the arena! They're very civilised here in London and again I got a raffle ticket to mark my place in the line, so I went and got lunch and also went to a Q&A with some of the sound editors and also popped into the Natural History Museum. So it was a long day but it was lots of fun and was worth it. The orchestra played all the beautiful soundtrack songs and there were also lots of monsters and aliens who appeared and walked through the audience. I got pushed aside by a cyberman which was funny. There were lots of girls screaming when they got a shock by turning around and finding a particular alien behind them!
Then on Sunday I went with Esther and some of her friends to the festival in Hyde Park - that day Jennifer Lopez and Lionel Richie were on! So that was fun.
Doug arrived back in London from his European tour last week, which was great. It was very nice to hang out with him again and hear all his amazing stories! We also visited the Booths again, so Doug could see them again before he left. Doug's back in Brisbane now and I'm sure he's very happy to see everyone from home!
This weekend I caught up with Ben, Norma and the boys and Ben's aunt Susie and her husband Malcolm. The boys are now on holidays and looking forward to a trip to Florida! We went to a lovely restaurant for brunch near Kings Cross. Thanks Ben! The boys had lots of fun running through the water fountains and got quite wet (although Norma had thought ahead and brought their swim shorts and towels with them). It was a cloudy day unfortunately, as every other day this week has been so sunny and quite hot. It was so nice to see them again.
Anyway, this week I've been looking more into share houses further south and also a car, as I'll need to drive around lots for work. I'll let you know if I have any more news!
 |
| Royal Albert Hall |
 |
| The Queue continuing down the road and around the corner! |
 |
| The Q&A with sound editors and on the far left, Nick Briggs who voices the Daleks! |
 |
| The BBC Proms Doctor Who night |
 |
| Matt Smith and Jenna Louise Coleman, current Doctor and companion |
 |
| Some cybermen stomping down the steps to the arena on the floor |
 |
| The British Summer Time festival in Hyde Park |
 |
| JLo and the crowd! |
 |
| Esther, Lizzie and Eliza. |
 |
| Lionel Richie |
 |
| Doug back from his travels! |
 |
| Lachlan |
 |
| The boys running through the fountains |
 |
| Ben, Susie, Malcolm and Norma |
 |
| Getting ready to run! |
 |
| Reuben |
 |
| Ben enjoying the fountain |
 |
| The canal and lock |
 |
| Xander rolling up backwards on the steps overlooking the canal |
 |
| Kings Cross and a famous platform |
 |
| Doug, Maggie and Martin |
Love Kim xo.
Yay for the new post! Looks like you're having a ball! Great pics. Love you. Xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteWow! Great shots Kimbo! Watch out for the heat tho...might be a bit hot! Love, Dad
ReplyDeleteThanks Catie and Dad! Love you lots xoxoxox
ReplyDelete